TYPE OF STORIES WE ACCEPT:
- Feminist City Guides.
- Profiles of inspiring women for our Women to Watch series.
- Feature stories exploring underreported stories impacting women around the world for our Unearthed section.
- Women’s travel tips, travel trends, and travel stories for Women’s Travel.
- Food & drink stories and profiles of women in the food industry for Brave New Eats.
HOW TO PITCH UNEARTH WOMEN:
Please send all pitches to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of pitches received, we can only respond to those pitches we would like to move forward with. If you do not hear back regarding your pitch in two weeks, please assume we have passed on your idea and feel free to pitch again. Keep an eye out for print submission call-outs.
The DOS of pitching Unearth Women:
- DO specify if you’re pitching for Unearth Women print or digital.
- DO tell us which section you are pitching for.
- DO briefly summarize your story idea.
- DO tell us who (if applicable) you can interview for the story.
- DO include 1-2 links of previously published work.
- DO tell us briefly about yourself.
- DO tell us if you can provide original photography.
The DON’TS of pitching Unearth Women:
- DON’T make your pitch e-mail longer than two paragraphs.
- DON’T include attachments on your e-mail.
- DON’T pitch us a story we have already published.
- DON’T ask us to assign you a story.
- DON’T ask us to give you a press trip assignment letter.
PITCHING THE MAGAZINE
Unearth Women is an internationally distributed magazine. We are currently accepting pitches for our third print issue! The theme of our
Please send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “POWER ISSUE PRINT PITCH.”
SECTIONS TO PITCH FOR PRINT
Women to Watch
Women to Watch is where we highlight the female movers and shakers that are actively spearheading initiatives that are changing the world. This section of the magazine profiles woman who
This section is the heart of our mission at Unearth Women, which is to bring to light the untold stories of women, women’s travels, and women’s issues globally. These are stories that dive deep into the issues and bravely face them head on with honesty and journalistic integrity. They are informative and in-depth yet approachable to women who are either just learning about the topic or are currently on the front lines leading the initiative.
Feminist City Guide
This section of print focuses on spotlighting what to do in one city, with an emphasis on female-owned businesses, companies, initiatives, etc. Please refer to city guides on the digital site for an idea of what this should look like.
Brave New Eats
This section of print focuses on spotlighting women in the food & drink industry and the impact they have. We accept profiles, trend stories, and other culinary-focused stories.
Payment for stories varies on whether the article is for digital or print, the word count, the writer’s experience, and whether original photography is provided.
Payment ranges anywhere from $75 USD to $400 USD.
Digital submissions have a starting rate of $75.
Please note payouts are made within 60 days of receipt of invoice.